Are you a fan of duck meat? Then you’re in for a treat! There are plenty of amazing ways to cook duck meat, plus, it is healthier than chicken. Duck meat contains more healthy unsaturated fat, which means that it is high in iron. It also contains more protein than any other poultry, as well as selenium and niacin.
Despite the misconception that duck is hard to cook due to its high fat content, it is actually one of the healthiest meats available. The layer of fat around the duck meat also keeps the meat juicy and flavoursome while cooking.
With the right technique, this layer of fat will disappear while cooking, leaving behind a deliciously sumptuous bird with a golden brown and crispy skin. The fat can also easily be lifted off the meat while deboning. Keep the fat in a jar and use it again as a healthier alternative to animal fats while cooking.
Here are some fun facts about the nutritional values found in duck meat that you’ll find interesting!
- Duck meat contains less fat than chicken. It is 23% fat and chicken meat is 40% fat and this includes a high amount of monounsaturated fat and a combination of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
- It is an excellent source of protein, which helps to build and repair our muscles, skin and blood.
- It is an excellent source of iron, providing 50% that we need in a day. Iron is essential for a healthy blood flow and energy.
- Also high in Omega-3 fats, niacin, magnesium, selenium, vitamins B and C per 75 grams.
- It supplies 5 – 14% more magnesium per 75 grams of meat
- It does not contain any carbohydrates which means it does not contain any fibers or sugars.
Health Benefits of Duck Meat
1. Boost The Immune System
Duck meat helps to boost our immune system. The high selenium content can help prevent cell damage and fight inflammation.
2. Supports Thyroid Health
Selenium is also important for thyroid health. A 3-ounce portion of duck meat provides over 50% of the daily value for selenium.
3. Supports Bone Health
Consuming duck meat can help to improve bone density and strength thanks to its high protein content.
4. Improves Heart Health
Just like fish, duck is also a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which comes with significant benefits, especially for the heart!
So now you know all about the nutritional value and health benefits of duck meat, let’s talk about cooking it! Duck is popular in Chinese cuisine from duck soup to duck rice and the irresistible Peking Duck. Here in Bali, Crispy Duck is a famous dish! You could also try making Duck à L’orange or Duck Confit. Of course, the easiest way to cook a whole duck is to roast it.
Ready to impress yourself and your loved ones with a delicious duck meal? All that’s left to do is to purchase the duck. Both duck and baby duck are available here at our online store.
Click here now to add Duck and Baby Duck to your cart.