We are going to the next steps in selecting food supplier for your business.
Now that you have a list of suppliers to work with it is time to shortlist them by asking certain pertinent questions as follows:
- Do they have what you want and can they deliver it when you want it?
- Does the credit check reveal financial security?
- How many years have they been in business?
- Do you have someone with firsthand experience working with them?
- Are they approved food suppliers for the government or trade associations?
Carry out your research and ensure that all your requirements are fulfilled.
Selecting Food Supplier for Your Business
With your shortlist in hand, it is time to speak to potential food suppliers ask them for a quotation in writing. Where appropriate, you may also ask for a sample. You should also provide them with a brief that summarizes what you need from them, how often you need it and how much business you can give them.
- Get the quotation – It is best if they provide a firm price and you should ask about any discounts offered.
- Make comparisons – You need to compare the various terms given by your food suppliers. Look at product quality, level of service, and location among other things. Of course you should look at the price but that by itself should not form the basis of your selection. Look for a supplier that will work well with you and confirm that they are not using brokers. Where possible, it may be a good idea to meet them.
- Negotiate the terms and conditions – Now that you have settled on who you want to work with, discuss and negotiate the terms and conditions before a contract is drawn.
In order the get the right supplier, you need to do the following:
- Know the needs of your business – You need to be in touch with the needs of your business so that you are able to match the food supplier to your business needs. Get food suppliers who will meet your business needs.
- Research – It is worth it to spend time researching the right food suppliers for the business.
- Inquire from others – Look for people who have dealt with this food supplier and find out more about them.
- Carry out a credit check – This will let you know if they are financially stable with good cash flows.
- Consider price – But remember it is not everything.
- Service levels – Come to an agreement about this before you actually start working together.
To save your time doing the steps we have been discussing in the past 2 blogs, we suggest taking a look at PT Puri Pangan Utama. Established in 1985, PT. Puri Pangan Utama is a reputable food distributor in Bali, Indonesia that cares about your business. Widely known as the pioneer of frozen food supplier in Bali, we have now expanded our products to include various range of chilled and dry food products. Click here to download our product catalogs.
Baca versi Bahasa Indonesia dari blog ini di sini.