Do you consider yourself a foodie or perhaps a foodie at heart? If so, then you’ll probably be keen on learning about one of the most popular food eaten around the world—sausage. There are many types of sausages and each one is very different from the other. So, next time you need to go out and buy some, consider taking a peek at this guide to help you decide which one to get.
Various Categories We Practice
One thing to note is that they are all vastly different. And while sausages in general are ground meat stuffed into a casing, the procedure on how they’re prepared is what makes each sausage truly unique.
But before diving into the different types, it’s best to cover the basics—the 4 main categories of sausages:
- Fresh – This sausage is basically ground meat without the casing. You need to cook it before consuming.
- Dry – This term is used to describe sausages where about 60% of the moisture in the meat has been removed. It is commonly referred to as Italian sausage.
- Semi-dry – This term on the other hand is used for sausages that have had some of its moisture removed, but not enough or as much to classify it as dry.
- Cooked and Smoked – This is used for sausages that have been cured and then smoked.
The Various Types We Offer
In order to get different textures and tastes, you can cook sausages in a variety of ways, as well as use a variety of meat and ingredients. Below is a list of different types of sausages we provide here at Puri Pangan that you can try:
- Lap Cheong – Originating in Southern China, this sausage has a lot of variety. It could be served fatty or lean and commonly stuffed with pork.
- Chorizo – Chorizo is a fermented, cured, smoked sausage using natural casings made from intestines. It is known to taste best with pork but comes in beef as well. Its place of origin lies in Spain but has expanded eversince.
- Salami – This one is from Italy and falls under the dry category. In order to get rid of as much as sixty percent moisture, it can be fermented, cooked or smoked. It comes with a variety of meat but appricated more when made with beef.
- Frankfurters – These are of German origin. It is because of this name that hot dogs are called franks. These sausages can be made of pork, beef or a combination of both kinds of meat and come in a variety of sizes.
- Pepperoni – Pepperoni is a variety of salami and is of Italian origin.
- Bratwurst – Bratwurst is a type of sausage that comes from Germany. It is made up of veal and pork, or just pork alone and is heavily seasoned.
So there you have it! Added knowledge on the different types and kinds of sausages that we believe maybe able to help you maximize your sausages flavors.
If you ever need to supply your business in Bali with any kind of the sausage or any other meat, Puri Pangan Utama is here to provide you with top quality products. Puri Pangan Utama is a reputable meat supplier in Bali and with us, you can be sure you’re getting only the best. We’d love to help you find what you need, so do contact us for further information or download our meat catalog.