We all know how delicious, versatile and refreshing Torani Syrup is, especially topped off on ice cream on a hot and sunny day. But have you ever wondered how many different ways this flavourful syrup could be used to entice your senses? On this week’s blog, Puri Pangan Utama brings you interesting new ways to use this renowned syrup.
What and who is Torani
Torani is a world renowned syrup brand originating from Lucca, Italy. It is a high-profile brand of Italian style syrups utilized to give unique flavours in sodas, cocktails, sauces, blended milk bases, teas and most popularly, coffee. Till this day Torani maintains a worldwide presence amongst syrup suppliers and food and beverage distributors. With a company that just started with 5 syrups, everyone can now enjoy 100 of Torani’s naturally flavoured syrups in any drink.
The company also stands by environmentally friendly values by performing green practices that support sustainability.
In beverages: Peppermint mocha
With the festive season of Christmas coming closer and closer, here is a classic recipe that features Torani syrup’s most popular flavor.
- 1 TBSP of Torani Peppermint syrup
- 1/2 CUP of milk
- 2 shots of espresso
- Combine milk and Torani’s peppermint syrup to steam until hot.
- Pour mixture into a cup and add 2 shots of espresso.
- Scoop out a thin layer of foam from the remaining steamed mixture and layer on top of the beverage.
In food: Candy cane fudge dessert
Pair this delicious small bites with your peppermint mocha.
- 3/4 CUP of Torani Peppermint syrup
- 1 1/3 CUP of sugar
- 1/2 CUP of evaporated milk
- 2 TBSP of salted butter
- 1/4 TSP of fine sea salt
- 2 CUPS of miniature marshmallows
- 8 OZ of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 candy canes, lightly crushed
Instructions (this recipe makes 30 pieces and takes 30 minutes to make, 2 hours to chill)
- Line an 8-IN square pan with foil and set aside.
- Combine Torani’s peppermint syrup, sugar, evaporated milk, salted butter, and fine sea salt in a saucepan. Cook mixture over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and butter has melted.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook while stirring constantly until thermometer hits 230 F.
- After 5 minutes, remove pan from heat and swiftly add the miniature marshmallows and bittersweet chocolate and stir vigorously until melted.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the prepared pan and sprinkle the crushed candy canes.
- Wait to chill for about 2 hours then cut into squares and serve.
At Puri Pangan Utama, the leading and most respected food distributor in Bali, we are ready to delight you with our extensive range of premium syrups. As pioneers in Bali for beverage supplying and food distributing, Puri Pangan Utama guarantees customers services and products found nowhere else. For more information about our syrup list, check out our website here.