Now is the best time to start baking at home! If you’re an aspiring baker, you can look forward to creating your very own favourite pastries and cakes from the comforts of your own home. It’s not as hard as you think – the most important thing you need is premium, high-quality ingredients. This is extremely important as it will affect the shape, texture, moisture levels and taste of your pastries. Amongst all of the ingredients, the most important would be butter.
You will also need essential baking equipment like an oven, wooden spoons, spatulas, a rolling pin, whisks, baking pans, baking sheet, etc. You can easily make a list and purchase everything you need before you start.
Remember that without good, high-quality butter, your pastries will not come out of the oven looking like the photos in your cookbook. The right butter will make everything you bake better; tender, flaky, flavourful, decadent, and creamy – all things that a good pastry should be.
Another thing to remember is the type of butter. Supermarkets usually sell blocks of salted and unsalted butter. But did you know that the best bakers always turn to sheet butter?
If you choose to use block butter, you’ll need to pound the butter down by hand using a rolling pin – a challenging and time-consuming feat. It will also cause inconsistencies in your pastries when it comes to thickness and coverage. Use Corman sheet butter instead and there’ll be no cutting or pounding needed. Sheet butter also assures an even, creamy distribution, all the way to the edges of your dough.
So now that you understand the importance of butter, let’s start baking!
How To Make An Inverse Puff Pastry
- 2000 g flour (9 % protein)
- 600 g butter
- 50 g salt
- 760 g water
- 200 g vinegar
- 1000 g Express Butter 82 % Fat – Sheet
- Mix all the ingredients, except the water, to obtain a dry dough with a uniform, crumbly texture. Then add the water and the vinegar, and mix at low speed to obtain a homogeneous dough without kneading it.
- Roll the dough out into a square shape of 30 x 40 cm and place it on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic film and leave to rest for at least 5 hours in the refrigerator.
- After letting the dough rest, place it on a Corman Express butter sheet and place another Corman Express butter sheet on top. The dough is now in the middle and the butter is on the outside.
- Give three single turns with an hour’s rest between each turn, and then let rest for 12 hours.
- After resting, give another three single turns with at least an hour’s rest between the turns.
Now your dough is ready for baking! Transfer your puff pastry onto a lined baking sheet, preheat the oven, pop your dough in and bake until puffy, golden and flaky.
Try it today and don’t forget to let us know how your Inverse Puff Pastry turned out!
Visit our online store now to purchase some delicious and juicy raisins and all other products for your baking needs!
Click here to add Corman Butter to your cart!