Healthy meats are an important part of a balanced and nutritious diet. It’s no secret that meat provides nourishing benefits for both adults and children, so in today’s post, let’s take a look at the positive advantages of healthy meats and why it is an important part of a nutritious and balanced diet.
An ideal, balanced diet would comprise foods from the five different food groups, in which healthy meats are an important and vital element.
How Does Meat Contribute To A Balanced Diet?
Meat in this context refers to the meat of cows, pigs, sheep, and poultry like chicken, duck and turkey, as well as marine animals like fish and seafood. Healthy meats are a good source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing tissues in the body.
High-quality healthy meats would also contain all nine essential amino acids needed for the growth and maintenance of the body and for the production of enzymes, hormones, and antibodies.
Other nutrients present in meat would include the following:
- Iron: To create hemoglobin to carry oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body and muscles.
- Vitamin B12: For nerve function and the formation of healthy red blood cells and DNA.
- Vitamin B6: For a healthy immune system, brain development and to keep blood sugar in normal ranges.
- Zinc: For wound healing, helping cells to grow and divide, aiding in our ability to taste and smell.
- Selenium: Protects cells from damage, boosts immune function, improves hair and nail health, and supports a healthy thyroid.
- Phosphorus: Essential for body growth and maintenance.
- Magnesium: Supports muscle and nerve function and energy production.
- Creatine: Helps the body build and maintain healthy muscles and repair damaged tissues.
- Taurine: Important for heart and muscle function.
- Iodine: To help the body produce thyroid hormone.
- Omega 3: To support heart & brain health.
How Can You Identify Good Quality Meat?
Make sure that you’re purchasing good quality healthy meats, poultry, and seafood by using your senses of touch, smell, and sight. Premium quality meats are smoothly cut and are cool and firm to the touch. Red meat should be dark red, while fresh poultry can range from white to yellow. Avoid meats with jagged edges as this indicates poor quality control & lower grade meats.
Fresh meat, seafood, and poultry should not smell pungent or stale in any way – if you’re not 100% confident with the freshness of your meats, simply choose another cut to stay safe.
Fresh & Frozen Healthy Meats
You could also just go ahead and shop from an excellent, trusted, and credible food distributor and top frozen food supplier in Bali like Puri Pangan Utama.
At Puri Pangan Utama, you can choose from a wide variety of healthy meats and frozen foods, sourced both domestically and internationally including beef, chicken, duck, seafood, and fish, and have them delivered straight to your doorstep.
The Best Healthy Meats & Frozen Food Supplier Bali
Order all the healthy meats that you may need from Puri Pangan Utama today. Easily order online delivery directly from Puri Pangan Utama’s website for a seamless and pleasant shopping experience.
Browse through our product catalog and start shopping with Puri Pangan for all your frozen food needs and cooking, baking, and kitchen needs today.