Everyone deserves a sweet cookie treat every now and then. Those on a strict diet or dietary restrictions as well as those looking to cut back on calories and sugar can always opt for oatmeal cookies instead of chocolate chip.
Oatmeal or oats are incredibly healthy, even more so if they are organic. Oats are higher in protein than wheat and they’re loaded with soluble fiber. This is good news as fiber would prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking. It will also improve energy levels and appetite control after you consume them.
There are numerous healthy ways to enjoy an oatmeal cookie with a myriad of benefits. They can easily be vegan and gluten-free as those suffering from celiac disease or an allergy to wheat or gluten can always opt for gluten-free oats and gluten-free flour when baking.
Pairing your oatmeal cookie with some milk will increase your protein intake for the day. You can also add raisins when baking them which will give your cookies the added nutrients as raisins are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Oatmeal cookies have that uniquely nutty flavour and chewy texture and taste really great with raisins, banana, pumpkin and peanut butter. The best part is that every oatmeal cookie is only 200 calories per serving and most of them have way less than that!
So give yourself and your family a delicious, healthy treat by baking your very own oatmeal cookies with ingredients from Puri Pangan Utama.
Here is everything you need:
- 220 grams brown sugar
- 96 grams vegetable shortening
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 59 ml water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 255 grams rolled oats uncooked
- 136 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 176° C.
- In a large bowl, beat with a hand mixer or fork, the brown sugar, shortening and granulated sugar together until creamy.
- Add egg, water and vanilla and beat well.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, salt, and baking soda, and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and mix well.
- Place dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Move to the wire rack.
Let cool and enjoy!
Ready to make your very own, delicious and healthy oatmeal cookies? With our simple recipe and premium quality ingredients from Puri Pangan, you won’t ever go wrong. Impress yourself and your loved ones at any time by making your very own healthy, low-calorie and irresistible oatmeal cookies using the finest ingredients from Puri Pangan, the best grocery supplier online Bali.
Click Puri Pangan now to start shopping with the best grocery supplier online Bali for all your baking needs!