Mango sticky Rice is a sweet and exotic treat, a favourite with everyone. Slices of fragrant, ripe, and juicy yellow mango are eaten with sticky rice cooked in coconut milk.
Although this popular dessert originated from Thailand, it is beloved throughout the world and the rest of Southeast Asia. You can find it in many restaurants, but why not make your very own version in the comforts of your own home?
Mango sticky rice is really easy to make. It’s a quick, fun recipe that will impress your loved ones and make you appear even more sophisticated and well-versed when it comes to tropical Southeast Asian desserts.
If you have a café or a restaurant, adding Mango Sticky Rice to your menu will surely impress your guests!
To make it, all you need is glutinous rice from Puri Pangan, some fresh, ripe mangoes, toasted sesame seeds, and coconut milk.
Mango Sticky Rice Recipes by Puri Pangan
Here’s how you can make your own delicious Mango Sticky Rice using Manggala!
- 1½ cups glutinous rice
- 1⅓ cups well-stirred canned unsweetened coconut milk
- ⅓ cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted lightly
- 1 large mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into thin slices (at least 24)
- Wash the rice until the water runs clear. Soak the rice in water overnight.
- Place the rice in a sieve, cover it with a lid, and steam over a pot of boiling water for 30-40 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, bring 1 cup coconut milk to a boil with ⅓ cup sugar and salt, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Transfer the rice into a bowl and mix in the coconut milk mixture. Leave the rice for about 30 minutes until the mixture is absorbed.
- Slowly boil the remaining coconut milk with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar. Stir occasionally for about 1 minute.
- Transfer sauce to a small bowl and let cool until it has thickened slightly.
- Place the sticky rice on a plate, drizzle it with the sauce and sprinkle sesame seeds. Add the mango slices and serve. Enjoy!
Ready to surprise your loved one with your very own, heavenly and scrumptious Mango Sticky Rice? Click online groceries here now to add Manggala Glutinous Rice from Puri Pangan to your cart.