There’s nothing quite like a piece of warm, fluffy and fragrant chiffon cake to accompany your freshly brewed cup of tea or coffee. And while the more common choices of flavours for cakes would include vanilla, chocolate, orange or lemon, how about a slice of delicious honey citron tea chiffon cake instead?
The main ingredient for the cake would be Honey Citron Tea – a zesty herbal mixture that resembles marmalade or jam and is made with the Korean fruit yuzu or yuja, honey and sugar.
The tea from this fruit is called yujacha, and tastes like a mix of lemon, orange, and grapefruit all in one. Unlike lemons, the fruit itself is not very juicy but it has a thick rind that is loaded with flavour – this can be used to make a delicious and unique marmalade or jam.
Here in Bali, you can always get yourself a jar of authentic Korean Honey Citron Tea at Puri Pangan Utama, Bali’s best grocery supplier online and best food company in Bali. With a jar of Honey Citron Tea, you can now begin to make your very own, soft, tasty, fluffy and sweet-smelling chiffon cake for the whole family to enjoy.
All You Need to Make Honey Citron Tea Chiffon Cake
- 100g Yuja (Korean Honey Citron Tea)
- 4 egg yolk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 30g sugar
- 5 tbsp corn oil or olive oil
- 5 tbsp boiling water
- 120g Kotobuki cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 egg whites
- 50g sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tar tar
Honey Citron Tea Chiffon Cake: How to make
- Cream egg yolks, sugar and salt till creamy.
- Add in the oil and mix well.
- Add 5 tbsp boiling water to the Honey Citron Tea and stir till diluted. Mince the citron peel with a pair of scissors. Add this into the egg yolk mixture and mix well.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together twice and stir well into the egg yolk mixture with a hand whisk.
- Beat egg white and cream of tar tar until foamy, slowly add sugar and continue to beat until peak form.
- Gently fold beaten egg white foam into egg yolk batter until blended or slowly pour all the egg mixture into the meringue at low speed then stop machine using a rubber spatula and fold the mixture well.
- Pour batter into a 20cm tube pan and bake at 170C for 40-45 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from oven and turn the pan over. Leave cake to cool in pan completely before unmoulding.
Now it’s time to enjoy your cake! The resulting chiffon cake should be soft and fluffy, with a subtle citrus note to it. Enjoy it with a cup of hot Honey Citron Tea, which you can also make from the jar that you’ve purchased from Puri Pangan.
Ready to make your very own, delicious homemade honey citron tea chiffon cake? With our simple recipe and premium quality ingredients, you won’t ever go wrong. Impress yourself and your loved ones at any time by making your very own scrumptious chiffon cake using premium, quality ingredients from Puri Pangan.
Click Puri Pangan now to start shopping for all your baking needs!