This is a recipe to test your knowledge of Asian cuisine and seafood. You may not find this recipe anywhere else since it is our original recipe for fantastic fried rice using smoked deep-sea Gindara.
Are you ready to serve an amazing and unique family dinner? Follow the recipe below:
Ingredients (4 portions)
- 4 portions cooked white rice
- 4 tbs cooking oil
- 1 package Blessing Fish Smoked Gindara Slices
- 250 grams Puri Pangan Utama Raw Shrimp
- 8 pieces Cedea Baso Cumi (Squid-based meatballs)
- 3 eggs, stirred together
- 2 tbs butter
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs green onions, chopped
- 2 tbs Kikkoman oyster sauce
- 1 tbs chili sauce
- White pepper (or black pepper, as a substitute), to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Kikkoman soy sauce, to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a large wok. Stir-fry the raw shrimp and squid balls until cooked. Then set aside.
- Stir-fry the shallots and garlic in butter until they give out a pleasant aroma.
- Pour the stirred eggs in the wok and scramble them.
- Add the rice, and stir-fry along with the shrimp and meatballs.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir until consistent throughout.
- Add oyster and chili sauce, and add soy sauce to taste.
- Add the Smoked Gindara Slices, simply to warm up with the fried rice.
- Plate the fried rice and garnish with chopped green onions.
Health benefits of Gindara
While enjoying a hefty serving of smoked Gindara fried rice, don’t forget that Gindara has its own health benefits.
1. High omega-3 to help maintain brain health
The high omega-3 levels from fish oil provide nutrition for the production of brain cells and encourage the growth of new neural connections when learning new skills or facts.
2. Polyunsaturated fats and low cholesterol
Polyunsaturated fats (PUF) are correlated with the health benefits of the heart and overall immune system, as opposed to saturated fats from other animal fats like chicken or beef. Low (bad) cholesterol levels are also associated with good cardiovascular health and prevent coronary heart diseases.
3. High protein
In the wild, Gindara is an agile swimmer that avoids predators in the deep sea. This encourages muscle development, and therefore a high protein content, in the fish’s tissues.
For more high-quality food ingredients, you can visit our products page and seek out what you need for your next creation.
Puri Pangan Utama is a food distributor and hotel supplier in Bali, distributing fresh and premium ingredients.