Milk Benefits That You Never Knew
You have probably heard, time and time again, that milk is good for your body. However, most people have never stopped to really find out what good it does other than the provision of calcium to build our bones and teeth. Here are some amazing milk benefits that will have you running for a glass of the good stuff daily.
- Beautiful complexion – Milk will keep your face soft, glowing and supple. It is no wonder then that Cleopatra bathed in milk. Milk has a plethora of nutrients and vitamins that work wonders for the health of your skin.
- Keeps teeth strong – Milk is known as a great source of calcium, which is what teeth need to remain strong. Milk therefore ensures that your teeth do not decay and prevents cavities. It is important to note that calcium only gets absorbed in the presence of Vitamin D, so buy milk that is fortified with it.
- Strong bones – Bone health can also be attributed to calcium found in milk. If you take milk regularly, osteoporosis will be kept at bay.
- Muscular growth – Milk helps muscles grow because it is a rich source of protein. After a workout, you will find many athletes drink milk because it has the nutrients required for muscle recovery. It helps prevent soreness of muscles.
- Loss of weight – According to research, women who take milk regularly stand a better chance at losing weight than those who don’t. A glass of milk makes a healthy snack and an appetizer too.
- Stress reduction – Milk is rich in minerals and vitamins and it therefore acts as an amazing stress reliever. When you have had a tough day, take a glass of milk to sooth the nerves and relieve tension in the muscles.
- Ease the symptoms of PMS – Milk has scientifically been proven to cause the reduction of PMS symptoms and enable your body to relax.
- Boosts Energy – If you need a pick-me-up during the day, a glass of milk will boost your energy. Have a glass of cold milk and you will find yourself revitalized.
- Eliminates heartburn – Heartburn can be caused by acidic foods and one of the easiest ways to ease the pain of heartburn is by taking a glass of cold milk. Milk simply coats the stomach lining and that of the esophagus to protect it from acid burn.
- Fights diseases – Research has found that milk protects against a variety of diseases. In fact, milk lowers your blood pressure and reduces the risk of getting a stroke. It reduces the amount of cholesterol produced by the liver and also helps to improve your eyesight.
With so many benefits when you consume milk, there’s no reason why you won’t stock up your household supply with it. In Puri Pangan Utama, we are committed to deliver quality food at its finest and you can rest assured in choosing us when you are searching for a milk supplier in Bali. Check out our list of available milk here.
Baca versi Bahasa Indonesia dari blog ini di sini.